Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Public Discourse

"Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care."

I read this today on Facebook. A great friend posted it and my guess is that he, like many others, has become so used to this nasty rhetoric that he didn't even notice it. The article went on to say that Chief Justice Roberts was brilliant because...

I'm stopping there because right now this is not what's important to me. What IS important to me is that we as Americans stop and really think about what we are saying about those who lead our country, whether they be elected by us or appointed by those we elect. Seriously, why would anyone who cares about people, start a written piece on Chief Justice Robert's brilliant opinion by first encouraging the reader to "think carefully" about the opinion before LOOKING TO DO HARM TO THE CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS OR HIS FAMILY???!!

If I follow the logic here, doesn't this suggest that if I don't think the justice's opinion is brilliant, then it would be okay to do harm to him and his family? Seriously? Enough said.

http://whitehouse12.com/2012/06/28/chief-justice-roberts-is-a-genius/

3 comments:

  1. Even the term "Obama-care" is politically charged. Granted, the formal name, "The Affordable Care Act," is not exactly free of bias. However, referring to it as Obama-care is derisive, dismissive, and disrespectful, and therein lies the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your brain!

    ReplyDelete